Thursday, October 14, 2010

iGoogle


Today we explored iGoogle.  iGoogle is a personalized Google homepage.  Right now, my iGoogle theme is Finding Nemo!  They have tons and tons of different themes to choose from, ranging from nature to travel, anime to trendy, and they even have a theme of the day that selects a random theme everyday.  Apart from customizing your homepage with themes, you can also add different gadgets, which are similar to the gadgets on blogger.  On my iGoogle, I have gadgets like Spanish Word of the Day, Garfield comics, Penguins, Bejeweled, Weather, Recipes (that include some pretty exotic dishes), and a shortcut to my gmail account.  I tried to add a countdown to graduation, but it wouldn't load the data. iGoogle still has has a google search bar, but it just makes google better looking and allows you to check multiple things at a time!  *to get your own iGoogle page, just type in google.com and in the upper right corner there is a link that says "iGoogle" ---may need to have a gmail account to get one---*

1 comment:

  1. Hey Samantha,

    I'm a Google employee and I support iGoogle. I think this blog post is great!

    Have you been able to add a countdown for graduation? If you still can't get it to work, do a search in the gadget directory for [countdown] and you'll see a lot of other countdown gadgets to try.

    If you need any other help, stop by the iGoogle Help Forum http://www.google.com/support/forum.

    Peace,
    SaraH

    ReplyDelete