Thursday, September 30, 2010

Word Clouds

Today we further explored word clouds.  There are so many different websites devoted just to word clouds!  I think my favorite sites are wordle, tagxedo, and imagechef.  Those are just the website I had the most fun on.  On my wiki page, I posted some of the word clouds I made.  Feel free to check them out by clicking on "wiki page"! Word Clouds are a random assortment of words that are arrange attractively on the page.  You can change the layout, color, and font of most word clouds.  Not only can word clouds be used for fun, but they can also be educational!  For instance, in AP Government, we could enter a some of the constitution into a word cloud website and see what words were used the most or what words were the most dominate throughout the document.  We could do the same with Shakespeare in Comp.  Plus, all the bright colors would do wonders to the drab walls of schools.  Here are some of the word cloud websites...
Here is a word cloud I made from this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment